Here's a card idea that I got from the Stampin' Success magazine that Stampin' Up demonstrators get from Stampin' Up every month. Again this is a good unisex card with nice bright colours for spring and summer. It uses a technique called loading where you combine colours using two markers.
- Tart & Tangy stamp set (Occasions 2008 Mini Catalogue)
- Birthday Whimsey Sale-A-Bration stamp set
- White cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") and scraps to punch out circles
- Old Olive textured cardstock (4 1/2" x 5 1/2")
- So Saffron cardstock (2" x 5 1/2")
- Rose Red cardstock (3/16" x 5 1/2")
- Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa, Rose Red, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron markers
- Old Olive classic ink
- 1 3/8" circle punch
- Snail adhesive
- Adhere So Saffron cardstock piece to Old Olive textured cardstock about 3/4" from the bottom.
- Adhere Rose Red cardstock piece to Old Olive textured cardstock 1/8" to 1/4" below the So Saffron piece
- Using the Certainly Celery marker to colour directly on the stamp, colour a circle around the center of the apple image
- Using the Old Olive marker, colour around the edges of the apple image leaving about an 1/8" inch strip between the Certainly Celery circle from Step 4.
- Take the Certainly Celery marker and colour the tip of marker with the Old Olive marker (this is called Loading). Now, using the loaded Certainly Celery marker, colour in the strip that you left in Step 5. This will blend the Certainly Celery with the Old Olive around the edge of the image.
- Huff on the rubber to make sure all your ink is still wet. Stamp image on scrap piece of white cardstock making sure to leave enough room around the image to be able to punch it out with the 1 3/8"circle punch
- Repeat Steps 4 to 6 for the Strawberry image (using the Rose Red and Pixie Pink markers). Always use the lightest colour in the center of the image and the darkest colour around the edges. Also always load the lightest coloured marker. Once you are finished blending the colours on your stamp, scribble the lighter marker on a piece of scrap paper to use up all the darker colour you loaded the marker with.
- Repeat Steps 4 - 6 for the Orange image using the So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie markers
- Punch out all images with the 1 3/8" punch
- Space evenly along the So Saffron cardstock piece and adhere with dimensionals
- Stamp Happy Birthday on the upper right hand side of the card